Pages

Monday 16 March 2015

Abit of this and that.

I have been meaning to write a little post about my ear wires, some of you who are 'likers' on my Facebook page will be familiar with my 'dipping of the toe' into selling them. 


I should give credit here for the inspiration behind them.  I bought myself Cindy Wimmer's 'The Missing Link' a good few months ago.  It is a lovely book brimming with techniques to spark the creative flow.  The instructions are clear with great pictures.  I was practising the lightbulb technique when I had a lightbulb moment, this shape would make a great ear wire, and hence the 'Coiled Ear Wire' was born. 






Here is what I have done with the ear wires, my 'Earthy Earrings'.  These are made using my handmade glass discs which I have etched for a matt finish, knotted with Irish waxed linen and decorated with seed beads and ceramic washers.
They are amazingly light to wear.







 In other news I have this pendant to share.  I am undecided as to whether to offer this one for sale or keep it for myself.  It is made from a polymer clay leaf and flower from Pips.  The lampwork disc and bead are my own, the metal beads are from Smitten as are the little green rondelles on the top.  All knotted onto C-lon with a macrame bail.  I think this would look great hung on some leather thong.




 My project for this week is to work on the Art Bead Scene March Challenge.  I have already ordered some gorgeous ceramic pieces from THEA Elements and I would love to be able to translate the totem poles into glass.  We will have to see whether there is any success with that one. 







I almost forgot, a massive WELL DONE has to go to the group involved in the I'm So Good I'm Smitten  charity auction in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.  We achieved a whopping total in excess of £1,700 not bad for a bunch of beads and a stack of talent.

Until next time, be creative.

  

1 comment:

  1. I love your new earwires! They do look a bit Victorian electricity-lab stylee :D

    ReplyDelete