Pages

Wednesday 1 February 2012

When is a button not a button?

When its a cufflink ofcourse!

Its my Grandad's 90th birthday in a couple of weeks time, what do you get/make a man who has everything?  I decided that a man can never have enough cufflinks especially when they are handmade by his grand-daughter!  If you were lucky enough to meet my grandad you would never believe he is 90 years old.  I hope that if I live as long as him that I am as mentally and physically alert as he is.  He lives in Canada now and is travelling over for a holiday, I can't wait to see him, I still really miss him eventhough he has been living in Canada for a number of years now.

Here's how the cufflinks look when not on a shirt.  They are on sterling silver chain and bar.



I've got a thing about making buttons at the moment.  Here are some more sets, some with matching big hole beads which I think will become a bracelet.












Thanks for looking.  Hope you're manageing to keep warm, its -2 here which is cold for us, I know some of my relies in Canada will be scoffing at that.

1 comment:

  1. very beautiful blue, I would be very happy with those that's for sure! Cécile

    ReplyDelete