I have been wanting to make this little coin purse for a while now having stumbled across this blog. I have had mum's sewing machine gathering dust and the other night I decided it was time to give it a go. I managed to thread the machine and started to mess about with the settings. Not sure what I did but there is something wrong with the tension which was pulling the fabric tight. I sewed up my 'sandwich' of fabric and batting and decided to call it a day.
Not one to be defeated I decided to pull out the coin purse last night and to have a go at hand sewing it together. Ta da,
Its not as square as it might have been had I used a machine but I am proud of it nonetheless.
I had to add a little Blue Kiln Beads flourish and added one of my handmade glass buttons to the zip.
Just got to get the ingredients for my Biscotti today and I'll be baking up a storm tonight/tommorrow.